Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Urban Freak Studies

Episode 9, in which we perform a classic carnival freak show during lunch.

Today was a foraging day, but I forgot my video camera. Luckily guest vlogger Dale Doubleday had her video camera.

I did bring a still camera, so I can show you photos of where we went and what we saw.

Apache Reclamation & Electronics, Inc.

Our first stop was Apache Reclamation & Electronics, which is just this space, both a building and a yard, containing reclaimed items from industry. They had a little bit of everything, including chemistry supplies, and boy was it cool.

RollersAssembly Line Rollers

Joe Willie and I wanted to make a printing press with some of these rollers.

Shelves

I dearly wanted a way to take these shelves home. I'd have to rent a flatbed truck.

La Canasta

We ate lunch and performed our carnival act at La Canasta. Delicious food!

Tienda de Segunda Mano

We ended the day with some hard core thrifting. It was a blast.

No comments: