Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Spin It and Run


Episode 10, in which Cheryl tells Joe Willie Smith to spin it and run.

I swear, I love how much I get to play in this class, and that my teacher is free to play, too. Spending my semester this way is one of my better decisions.

Have a look at what my fellow students worked on today:

  • a ... propeller ... thing
  • a mask
  • a kinetic mobile
  • a metal sculpture

I did more sandblasting today. Specifically, I blasted some ugly green paint off of a wood frame purchased for under $1 at the As Is Yard. The sandblasting revealed the grain of the wood nicely. Joe Willie also sliced a piece of oak for me, and it's gorgeous.

Unfortunately, while I'm doing my own work I forget to yank out the video camera. I'll try to do better next week and show you how my own work is coming along.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THIS WAS DEFINITLY A GREAT DAY AND EXPIRIENCE. YOU RECORD SO WELL GOOD STEADY HAND, I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW MUCH I ENJOY THE MUSIC IN ALL THEE CLIPS. REALLY COOL.
MAYA

Cheryl said...

Thank you, Maya - you and your art are beautiful subjects to record, so the pleasure is mine!